Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Baby Shower

We had my cousin Amanda's baby shower on Saturday. It went well and everyone seemed to have a great time. Amanda's baby was due the end of May beginning of June but she had him in March. He was so tiny only weighting a little over 2 lbs. but he now is a little over 4 1/2 pounds. He just may get to come home in as little as 7 days.

We had lots of food not knowing how many was coming I planned for everyone to show. So we had lots left which is ok, Amanda took home food for her house, I sent my other cousin home with the veggie tray (her children will eat it up for a snack) and sent home a baggie full of my cheddar bacon dip. Mike and I will be eating lots of Chicken salad and Egg salad sandwiches this week. I love egg salad for breakfast so that's what I will be having.

Amanda recieved lots of nice presents and lots of diapers. The latter being something you can never have too many of! She had lots of help opening her gifts as her nephew Brian and my Joey was there to help. Her being patient let them help her and made them feel as though they were big helpers.

We played 3 games:1. Toilet paper game: take as much as you need then pass it. When everyone is done make a bow. Funny to see the one's who either took too much or not enough.
2. Everyone is given a pin wwith a baby rattler attached. The pin to there shirt and if they say baby someone calls them and wins there pins. At the end of shower who ever has the most wins.
3. Cotton ball game: you are blind folded given a bowl of cotton balls in your lap with a tablespoon. On your head is an empty bowl. Get as many cotton balls on your head in 30 seconds. The player with most wins.

Joey had to play the cotton ball game. He is so funny he has to try anything you do! My Aunt Cecelia took pictures. I'm gonna have to get some to post.

Well have a Blessed week!

No comments: